With a flurry of free agent activity already going on Aussie Hoopla host Dan Boyce gathered together a group of the talented team of writers from aussiehoopla.com to analysis the new signings for each NBL team, what player rumours are still circulating amongst the league and look further into what head coaches have said they need from their imports next season.
Firstly Dan introduces the writing team,
Together they review each NBL team’s current roster and dissect what the remaining needs in player personnel. Each roster gets the in-depth analysis you can assume from the Aussie Hoopla team.
Topics which the team cover include;
- With Jerome Randle likely to be on the way out who could replace him at the 36ers?
- Will NBL teams continue to play with three imports per team?
- Do we see young players like Anthony Drmic and Majok Deng develop into solid contributors this season?
- With Brisbane seeing a healthy Cam Bairstow return for the season and the likely addition of Stephen Holt in the back court have they done enough to guarantee an NBL playoff spot?
- Who do the Bullets have that you can rely on to take over a game in crunch time?
- Is Adam Gibson still a starting point guard?
- What young St Mary’s Gael is set to be announced as a new Cairns Taipans signing?
- Will Cairns overachieve again this season?
- Is Nanna Egwu going to provide enough production as an import in year two for the Snakes?
- How likely is it we see Illawarra Hawks return 100% of it’s aussie line-up.
- A huge gap exists at small forward for the Hawks, who is available that could upgrade that position?
- Will we see a break-out year from young guns Cody Ellis, Nick Kay or Mitch Norton?
- What can Josh Boone bring in his first full season in the NBL?
- What Dean Vickerman’s signing means for this year’s team?
- Is Craig Moller a lock for most improved player and can he really be a member of the Australian Boomers like Andrew Gaze suggested?
New Zealand Breakers
- What Tall Blacks would be likely to return and suit up for the NZ Breakers in 2017-18
- Are the Breakers too old to return to the NBL playoffs?
- Did New Zealand have the best three imports in the league at season’s end and can they, or should they bring them all back?
- How will Corey Webster fare this year and is a move to Perth enough to get him back to his top form?
- Have we seen the last of Matthew Knight?
- Will we see the Sydney Kings suit up an all-Australian starting backcourt?
- Have we seen the last of Aleks Maric in the league?
- Can Andrew Gaze find quality big man imports in the summer league?
We also examine who are the hottest remaining Aussies unsigned and what talented players could find themselves without a NBL job this year.
All of this and a whole lot more….
Listen to the full interview below or download on iTunes.